I have four servers on 3 different DSL lines running RedHat 7.3 with
sendmail 8.11.6
I was on vacation at the time, but mid-day (13:00) on January 9th all of
them started behaving wierdly.
Instead of the occassional email, perhaps 95% of all incoming emails now
show in the log as follows:
Jan 9 09:41:17 bach sendmail[25179]: NOQUEUE: mail5.schaeffer.com
[24.106.95.27] did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA
Jan 11 00:02:12 bach sendmail[14018]: NOQUEUE: h11009.upc-h.chello.nl
[62.194.11.9] did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA
Jan 11 00:10:44 bach sendmail[14127]: NOQUEUE:
bay0-omc2-s35.bay0.hotmail.com [65.54.246.171] did not issue
MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA
Jan 11 00:13:23 bach sendmail[14148]: NOQUEUE: root@localhost did not issue
MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA
Jan 11 00:13:50 bach sendmail[14151]: NOQUEUE:
84.95.106.53.cable.012.net.il [84.95.106.53] did notissue
MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA
The first one is legitimate mail, the others appear to be spam
Much of the 50K pieces/month of spam I get are being trapped at the server
in this manner before even getting to my spam filters (a good thing), but
while some legitimate email is getting through, some is being rejected with
this kind of message.
Does anyone (a) have any idea what's happening here (b) have any idea how
to fix it.
Need more info? Just ask.
Dick
when anyone asks for help with pictures, i always mention image magic
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php
if the two parts are different enough, i'm sure imagemagick can seperate them for you.
----- Original Message ----
From: "dulsi(a)identicalsoftware.com" <dulsi(a)identicalsoftware.com>
To: wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 10:33:38 PM
Subject: [Wlug] GIMP Question
Any GIMP experts here? Is there a way to extract the differences
between two images? I have an image of just a background and an image
of item on said background. I'd like to get the image of just the
item. It wouldn't be hard to write a program to do it but I figured
gimp might already have it.
Dennis Payne
dulsi(a)identicalsoftware.com
_______________________________________________
Wlug mailing list
Wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
http://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
Any GIMP experts here? Is there a way to extract the differences
between two images? I have an image of just a background and an image
of item on said background. I'd like to get the image of just the
item. It wouldn't be hard to write a program to do it but I figured
gimp might already have it.
Dennis Payne
dulsi(a)identicalsoftware.com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1
HI Everybody,
This is your monthly reminder (hand generated) regarding our upcoming
WLUG meeting, to be held on Thursday, January 7th, 2007, at 7:00 PM in
the Access Grid Room on the WPI campus in Worcester, MA USA.
Many of you have suggested some good topics in our recent email threads.
I propose that this meeting be a round table discussion of those and
any other topics of interest.
I'll bring my new laptop for discussion as well. It is a Linux
Certified LC2464T running Kubuntu. However, I hope somebody has a
DVI-SVGA adapter which I can borrow for the meeting, since I don't yet
have one. Since this is my first experience with a Debian type of
distribution, I could offer my first impressions. More info here:
http://www.linuxcertified.com/linux-laptop-lc2464t.html
If the discussion runs dry, ask me if I passed my Amateur Radio
technician exam (which I'm taking on Wednesday). I'm curious to see
what I can do with this and Linux.
I can also give an update on the kernel device driver that I'm writing
for the Delcom USB I/O demo board. I am planning to do a full
presentation on this sometime soon, after I get more stuff working. A
couple of simple features are working right now. Perhaps I'll do this
for either the February or March meeting. More info here:
http://www.delcom-eng.com/productdetails.asp?productnum=802004
As always, we'll adjourn to the Tech Pizza Restaurant on Highland Street
for some discussion afterwards. All are welcome to attend!
See ya later, and Happy New Year!
Andy
- --
Andy Stewart, Founder
Worcester Linux Users' Group
Worcester, MA, USA
http://www.wlug.org
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with SUSE - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
iD8DBQFFowvsHl0iXDssISsRArxgAJoCdu40R3NGK/cVkRPAomzSSZJcCQCfZ7Sx
JYMDiYEQjmETv2GfHbbbDqY=
=iIYN
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Yup....and I know Andy is as well..
I love talking about VMWare so i don't mind at all.
----- Original Message ----
From: Doug Chamberlin <dougchamberlin(a)earthlink.net>
To: Worcester Linux Users Group <wlug(a)mail.wlug.org>
Cc: Worcester Linux Users Group <wlug(a)mail.wlug.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 7, 2007 4:01:46 PM
Subject: [Wlug] Topic idea for future meeting
Anyone using VMWare Workstation hosted on Linux? I'd be interested in an
installation how-to with tips and tricks.
_______________________________________________
Wlug mailing list
Wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
http://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
I've been interesting in setting up a MythTV box as well.
~Mike
<quote who="Adam Keck">
> Hello All,
>
> What about a MythTV discussion? I want to create a Linux media
> management/playback system and would like to hear others' experiences.
>
> -Adam
>
> On 1/4/07, Andy Stewart <andystewart(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>> Hash: SHA1
>>
>> Mike Perry wrote:
>> > So what's the topic?
>> >
>> > ~Mike
>>
>> HI Mike,
>>
>> There isn't one....yet. One person asked me if we could discuss the
>> basics of setting up a network. I'm not sure what else folks would like
>> to discuss, or more importantly, who wants to lead the discussion.
>>
>> I'm open to anything - you folks let me know. :-)
>>
>> Later,
>>
>> Andy
>>
>> - --
>> Andy Stewart, Founder
>> Worcester Linux Users' Group
>> Worcester, MA, USA
>> http://www.wlug.org
>>
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>> Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
>> Comment: Using GnuPG with SUSE - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>>
>> iD8DBQFFnYzBHl0iXDssISsRAugkAJ4oqIb0K5TXwRzWbTpvkZFkyNoptwCeMWqV
>> OPNxcijZoQP8z7eKDrz/OVs=
>> =DqBf
>> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>> _______________________________________________
>> Wlug mailing list
>> Wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
>> http://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
>>
>
>
>
> --
> -Adam
> _______________________________________________
> Wlug mailing list
> Wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
> http://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
>
--
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security,
deserve neither liberty or security --Ben Franklin
How about RedHat Linux vs RedHat Fedora Core Linux.
Is it possible to run a professional installation based on Fedora Core? Must one be a REAL pro?
Ken Jones
At last WLUG I believe we talked about amateur radio, so perhaps this
interests some of you.
----- Forwarded message from Gil Hayes <wk1h(a)charter.net> -----
From: "Gil Hayes" <wk1h(a)charter.net>
To: "'Gil Hayes'" <wk1h(a)charter.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 00:03:52 -0500
Subject: Amateur radio exam session at WPI on January 18
Hi all,
The Worcester Area VE Team will be holding an amateur radio test session for
all license classes:
Date: Thursday, January 18, 2007
Time: 6:30 PM
Place: Salisbury Labs, Room 123, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Please bring:
1. AN ORIGINAL AND A PHOTOCOPY of your current license and any CSCE's or
other paperwork you are submitting
2. A basic calculator
3. Two forms of state acceptable ID (one must be a picture ID)
4. $14 exam fee (if check, payable to "ARRL VEC")
5. Pen or pencil
The photocopies of your paperwork are very important as we must submit a
copy of your records to the ARRL VEC if you are successful. Walk-ins are
always accepted but pre-registration is preferred. To preregister email
John at n2yhk(a)wpi.edu and/or Gil at wk1h(a)charter.net. Any questions about
the session may also be directed to these emails.
We will try to provide a talk-in on the 145.310 W1WPI repeater. It is
recommended that if you are not familiar with the WPI campus that you print
out and bring with you the campus map at
http://www.wpi.edu/About/Visitors/Images/walkingmap.pdf.
Thanks,
Gil
Note - To be removed from this mail list or have your email changed, please
reply to this email.
----- End forwarded message -----