WLUG
By thread
wlug@lists.wlug.org
By month
Messages by month
- ----- 2026 -----
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2025 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2024 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2023 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2022 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2021 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2020 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2019 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2018 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2017 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2016 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2015 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2014 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2013 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2012 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2011 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2010 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2009 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2008 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2007 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2006 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2005 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2004 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2003 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2002 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2001 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2000 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- 11231 messages
Re: [Wlug] Wlug Digest, Vol 144, Issue 5
by Jonathan Lettvin
Conflict. I really want to come, but I must be elsewhere.
Do not kill the group out of lack of interest. I am interested.
On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 12:00 PM, wlug-request(a)mail.wlug.org <
SRS0=vAv/=KS=mail.wlug.org=wlug-bounces(a)srs.wpi.edu> wrote:
> Send Wlug mailing list submissions to
> wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> http://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> wlug-request(a)mail.wlug.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> wlug-owner(a)mail.wlug.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Wlug digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. REMINDER: Meeting tomorrow! 10/15 @ 7PM. (Tim Keller)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:29:51 -0400
> From: Tim Keller <turbofx(a)gmail.com>
> Subject: [Wlug] REMINDER: Meeting tomorrow! 10/15 @ 7PM.
> To: Worcester Linux Users Group <wlug(a)mail.wlug.org>
> Message-ID:
> <
> CA+r3vQj93DYdiK6n5Nis+0jdHPetSFe_SjyGq3xM2i7qTMCDkQ(a)mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Hey Gang,
>
> This is a reminder that we're going to be having a meeting tomorrow!
>
> Location: WPI Student Center: Mid Century Room (rm 331)
> Time: 7PM
> Topic: Open Topic, Though I plan on getting peoples input on things they'd
> like future meetings to be about!
> Refreshments: VCB ("Various Carbonated Beverages") plus snacks
>
> Thanks,
> Tim.
>
> --
> I am leery of the allegiances of any politician who refers to their
> constituents as "consumers".
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://mail.wlug.org/pipermail/wlug/attachments/20151014/c09bf484/attachmen…
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wlug mailing list
> Wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
> http://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
>
>
> End of Wlug Digest, Vol 144, Issue 5
> ************************************
>
--
This e-mail is from Jonathan D. Lettvin, and may contain information that
is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, do
not read, copy or distribute the e-mail or any attachments. Instead, please
notify the sender and delete the e-mail and any attachments. Thank you.
Jonathan D. Lettvin
Oct. 14, 2015
REMINDER: Meeting tomorrow! 10/15 @ 7PM.
by Tim Keller
Hey Gang,
This is a reminder that we're going to be having a meeting tomorrow!
Location: WPI Student Center: Mid Century Room (rm 331)
Time: 7PM
Topic: Open Topic, Though I plan on getting peoples input on things they'd
like future meetings to be about!
Refreshments: VCB ("Various Carbonated Beverages") plus snacks
Thanks,
Tim.
--
I am leery of the allegiances of any politician who refers to their
constituents as "consumers".
Oct. 14, 2015
Re: [Wlug] Topic for next Meeting?
by Tim Keller
Next Thursday! 10/15/2015
On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 7:52 AM, Eric Martin <eric.joshua.martin(a)gmail.com> <
SRS0=0b1Q=KM=mail.wlug.org=wlug-bounces(a)srs.wpi.edu> wrote:
> So are we on for this Thursday or next?
>
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 2:05 PM Tim Keller <turbofx(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Chuck,
>>
>> The main problem with tomorrow was that we didn't have a room reserved
>> and I dropped the ball sending out the reminder email. Beyond that on a
>> selfish side note I can't make tomorrow but I can make next Thursday.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tim.
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Chuck Anderson <cra(a)wpi.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Tomorrow is the 2nd Thursday of the month.
>>>
>>> On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 11:41:34AM -0400, Tim Keller wrote:
>>> > We actually haven't done a round table in a while. David, I like your
>>> idea
>>> > for the home automation / vision processing as well. I just went
>>> looking
>>> > and there are 10+ companies that make linux based home automation
>>> > products. I've messed with the the opencv stuff and my co worker is
>>> using
>>> > it read his water meter and do OCR.
>>> >
>>> > Keith, it would be cool to have someone (other than me) talk about
>>> managing
>>> > large amounts of data. Drop a line to your friend and see if they'd be
>>> > willing to do a talk.
>>> >
>>> > I talked a bit about hadoop as well since I've been working with
>>> that. I
>>> > could with some prep give a talk about hadoop if people were
>>> interested.
>>> > I've also been playing with the parallel python stuff as well.
>>> >
>>> > My plan is to send out a reminder that the meeting is going to be next
>>> > Thursday. It's a bit too soon to get anything put together on either
>>> of
>>> > these topics, but we should talk them through next Thursday and see if
>>> > anybody has more ideas as well.
>>> >
>>> > Thanks,
>>> > Tim.
>>> >
>>> > On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 11:13 AM, David Glaser <
>>> dglaser(a)glaserresearch.net>
>>> > wrote:
>>> >
>>> > > I would like to see a presentation on using linux for home
>>> automation or a
>>> > > presentation on using linux for vision processing.
>>> > >
>>> > >
>>> > >
>>> > > On 10/07/2015 10:42 AM, Keith Wright wrote:
>>> > >
>>> > > Tim Keller <turbofx(a)gmail.com> <turbofx(a)gmail.com> writes:
>>> > >
>>> > >
>>> > > Hey Gang,
>>> > >
>>> > > What would people like to do for WLUG this month?
>>> > >
>>> > > Thanks,
>>> > > Tim.
>>> > >
>>> > > Oh, oh, nobody answers.
>>> > >
>>> > > I don't want WLUG to die for lack of interest.
>>> > >
>>> > > If we can't get a speaker and a topic, let's
>>> > > do a discussion circle---everyone takes a turn
>>> > > to answer the question "For what do you use Linux?"
>>> > >
>>> > > I know some people use it at work to manage
>>> > > multi-terabyte databases, and some build little
>>> > > microprocessor gadgets, but I would be interested
>>> > > to know the full range, and maybe learn about
>>> > > some new applications.
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Wlug mailing list
>>> Wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
>>> http://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> I am leery of the allegiances of any politician who refers to their
>> constituents as "consumers".
>> _______________________________________________
>> Wlug mailing list
>> Wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
>> http://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wlug mailing list
> Wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
> http://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
>
>
--
I am leery of the allegiances of any politician who refers to their
constituents as "consumers".
Oct. 8, 2015
Re: [Wlug] Topic for next Meeting?
by Eric Martin
So are we on for this Thursday or next?
On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 2:05 PM Tim Keller <turbofx(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Chuck,
>
> The main problem with tomorrow was that we didn't have a room reserved and
> I dropped the ball sending out the reminder email. Beyond that on a selfish
> side note I can't make tomorrow but I can make next Thursday.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim.
>
>
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Chuck Anderson <cra(a)wpi.edu> wrote:
>
>> Tomorrow is the 2nd Thursday of the month.
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 11:41:34AM -0400, Tim Keller wrote:
>> > We actually haven't done a round table in a while. David, I like your
>> idea
>> > for the home automation / vision processing as well. I just went
>> looking
>> > and there are 10+ companies that make linux based home automation
>> > products. I've messed with the the opencv stuff and my co worker is
>> using
>> > it read his water meter and do OCR.
>> >
>> > Keith, it would be cool to have someone (other than me) talk about
>> managing
>> > large amounts of data. Drop a line to your friend and see if they'd be
>> > willing to do a talk.
>> >
>> > I talked a bit about hadoop as well since I've been working with that.
>> I
>> > could with some prep give a talk about hadoop if people were interested.
>> > I've also been playing with the parallel python stuff as well.
>> >
>> > My plan is to send out a reminder that the meeting is going to be next
>> > Thursday. It's a bit too soon to get anything put together on either of
>> > these topics, but we should talk them through next Thursday and see if
>> > anybody has more ideas as well.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Tim.
>> >
>> > On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 11:13 AM, David Glaser <
>> dglaser(a)glaserresearch.net>
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> > > I would like to see a presentation on using linux for home automation
>> or a
>> > > presentation on using linux for vision processing.
>> > >
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > On 10/07/2015 10:42 AM, Keith Wright wrote:
>> > >
>> > > Tim Keller <turbofx(a)gmail.com> <turbofx(a)gmail.com> writes:
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > Hey Gang,
>> > >
>> > > What would people like to do for WLUG this month?
>> > >
>> > > Thanks,
>> > > Tim.
>> > >
>> > > Oh, oh, nobody answers.
>> > >
>> > > I don't want WLUG to die for lack of interest.
>> > >
>> > > If we can't get a speaker and a topic, let's
>> > > do a discussion circle---everyone takes a turn
>> > > to answer the question "For what do you use Linux?"
>> > >
>> > > I know some people use it at work to manage
>> > > multi-terabyte databases, and some build little
>> > > microprocessor gadgets, but I would be interested
>> > > to know the full range, and maybe learn about
>> > > some new applications.
>> _______________________________________________
>> Wlug mailing list
>> Wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
>> http://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
>>
>
>
>
> --
> I am leery of the allegiances of any politician who refers to their
> constituents as "consumers".
> _______________________________________________
> Wlug mailing list
> Wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
> http://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
>
Oct. 8, 2015
Re: [Wlug] Topic for next Meeting?
by Tim Keller
Chuck,
The main problem with tomorrow was that we didn't have a room reserved and
I dropped the ball sending out the reminder email. Beyond that on a selfish
side note I can't make tomorrow but I can make next Thursday.
Thanks,
Tim.
On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Chuck Anderson <cra(a)wpi.edu> wrote:
> Tomorrow is the 2nd Thursday of the month.
>
> On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 11:41:34AM -0400, Tim Keller wrote:
> > We actually haven't done a round table in a while. David, I like your
> idea
> > for the home automation / vision processing as well. I just went looking
> > and there are 10+ companies that make linux based home automation
> > products. I've messed with the the opencv stuff and my co worker is
> using
> > it read his water meter and do OCR.
> >
> > Keith, it would be cool to have someone (other than me) talk about
> managing
> > large amounts of data. Drop a line to your friend and see if they'd be
> > willing to do a talk.
> >
> > I talked a bit about hadoop as well since I've been working with that. I
> > could with some prep give a talk about hadoop if people were interested.
> > I've also been playing with the parallel python stuff as well.
> >
> > My plan is to send out a reminder that the meeting is going to be next
> > Thursday. It's a bit too soon to get anything put together on either of
> > these topics, but we should talk them through next Thursday and see if
> > anybody has more ideas as well.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tim.
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 11:13 AM, David Glaser <
> dglaser(a)glaserresearch.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I would like to see a presentation on using linux for home automation
> or a
> > > presentation on using linux for vision processing.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > On 10/07/2015 10:42 AM, Keith Wright wrote:
> > >
> > > Tim Keller <turbofx(a)gmail.com> <turbofx(a)gmail.com> writes:
> > >
> > >
> > > Hey Gang,
> > >
> > > What would people like to do for WLUG this month?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Tim.
> > >
> > > Oh, oh, nobody answers.
> > >
> > > I don't want WLUG to die for lack of interest.
> > >
> > > If we can't get a speaker and a topic, let's
> > > do a discussion circle---everyone takes a turn
> > > to answer the question "For what do you use Linux?"
> > >
> > > I know some people use it at work to manage
> > > multi-terabyte databases, and some build little
> > > microprocessor gadgets, but I would be interested
> > > to know the full range, and maybe learn about
> > > some new applications.
> _______________________________________________
> Wlug mailing list
> Wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
> http://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
>
--
I am leery of the allegiances of any politician who refers to their
constituents as "consumers".
Oct. 7, 2015
WLUG Meeting NEXT Thursday (10/15)
by Tim Keller
Hey Everybody,
We won't be having a WLUG meeting tomorrow. We're going to be having it on
the 3rd Thursday of the month (10/15).
We'll be having the meeting in the mid century room (rm 331) @ 7pm.
There's no topic for this meeting YET! My plan is to make it an open
discussion meeting.
Thanks,
Tim.
--
I am leery of the allegiances of any politician who refers to their
constituents as "consumers".
Oct. 7, 2015
Re: [Wlug] Topic for next Meeting?
by Chuck Anderson
Tomorrow is the 2nd Thursday of the month.
On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 11:41:34AM -0400, Tim Keller wrote:
> We actually haven't done a round table in a while. David, I like your idea
> for the home automation / vision processing as well. I just went looking
> and there are 10+ companies that make linux based home automation
> products. I've messed with the the opencv stuff and my co worker is using
> it read his water meter and do OCR.
>
> Keith, it would be cool to have someone (other than me) talk about managing
> large amounts of data. Drop a line to your friend and see if they'd be
> willing to do a talk.
>
> I talked a bit about hadoop as well since I've been working with that. I
> could with some prep give a talk about hadoop if people were interested.
> I've also been playing with the parallel python stuff as well.
>
> My plan is to send out a reminder that the meeting is going to be next
> Thursday. It's a bit too soon to get anything put together on either of
> these topics, but we should talk them through next Thursday and see if
> anybody has more ideas as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim.
>
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 11:13 AM, David Glaser <dglaser(a)glaserresearch.net>
> wrote:
>
> > I would like to see a presentation on using linux for home automation or a
> > presentation on using linux for vision processing.
> >
> >
> >
> > On 10/07/2015 10:42 AM, Keith Wright wrote:
> >
> > Tim Keller <turbofx(a)gmail.com> <turbofx(a)gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >
> > Hey Gang,
> >
> > What would people like to do for WLUG this month?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tim.
> >
> > Oh, oh, nobody answers.
> >
> > I don't want WLUG to die for lack of interest.
> >
> > If we can't get a speaker and a topic, let's
> > do a discussion circle---everyone takes a turn
> > to answer the question "For what do you use Linux?"
> >
> > I know some people use it at work to manage
> > multi-terabyte databases, and some build little
> > microprocessor gadgets, but I would be interested
> > to know the full range, and maybe learn about
> > some new applications.
Oct. 7, 2015
Re: [Wlug] Wlug Digest, Vol 144, Issue 2
by Jonathan Lettvin
I've been exploring HTML5 3D scene rendering.
It appears to make good use of gpgpu acceleration.
My first use of it is up on github:
https://github.com/jlettvin/cubeHTML5 (repository)
https://cdn.rawgit.com/jlettvin/cubeHTML5/master/cube.html (result)
Additional layered technologies make excellent use.
WebGL and Three.js are amongst the more mature.
http://threejs.org/
http://stemkoski.github.io/Three.js/
http://threejs.org/examples/
http://threejs.org/examples/#webgl_custom_attributes_points3
The speed of development and resulting performance
is orders of magnitude better than historical methods.
I am no expert, but it is a remarkable technology.
I intend to use it to develop and make dynamic presentations.
It is not specific to Linux, but it is supported there.
Is it worth using a wlug session on this subject?
Just a self-serving thought.
On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 12:00 PM, <wlug-request(a)mail.wlug.org> wrote:
> Send Wlug mailing list submissions to
> wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> http://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> wlug-request(a)mail.wlug.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> wlug-owner(a)mail.wlug.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Wlug digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. Re: Topic for next Meeting? (Keith Wright)
> 2. Re: Topic for next Meeting? (David Glaser)
> 3. Re: Topic for next Meeting? (Tim Keller)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 10:42:01 -0400
> From: Keith Wright <kwright(a)keithdiane.us>
> Subject: Re: [Wlug] Topic for next Meeting?
> To: Worcester Linux Users Group <wlug(a)mail.wlug.org>
> Cc: wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
> Message-ID: <87fv1mhhae.fsf(a)fcs20.keithdiane.us>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
> Tim Keller <turbofx(a)gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hey Gang,
> >
> > What would people like to do for WLUG this month?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tim.
>
> Oh, oh, nobody answers.
>
> I don't want WLUG to die for lack of interest.
>
> If we can't get a speaker and a topic, let's
> do a discussion circle---everyone takes a turn
> to answer the question "For what do you use Linux?"
>
> I know some people use it at work to manage
> multi-terabyte databases, and some build little
> microprocessor gadgets, but I would be interested
> to know the full range, and maybe learn about
> some new applications.
>
> -- Keith
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 11:13:29 -0400
> From: David Glaser <dglaser(a)glaserresearch.net>
> Subject: Re: [Wlug] Topic for next Meeting?
> To: wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
> Message-ID: <56153699.6060307(a)glaserresearch.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> I would like to see a presentation on using linux for home automation or
> a presentation on using linux for vision processing.
>
>
>
> On 10/07/2015 10:42 AM, Keith Wright wrote:
> > Tim Keller <turbofx(a)gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> Hey Gang,
> >>
> >> What would people like to do for WLUG this month?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Tim.
> > Oh, oh, nobody answers.
> >
> > I don't want WLUG to die for lack of interest.
> >
> > If we can't get a speaker and a topic, let's
> > do a discussion circle---everyone takes a turn
> > to answer the question "For what do you use Linux?"
> >
> > I know some people use it at work to manage
> > multi-terabyte databases, and some build little
> > microprocessor gadgets, but I would be interested
> > to know the full range, and maybe learn about
> > some new applications.
> >
> > -- Keith
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wlug mailing list
> > Wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
> > http://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://mail.wlug.org/pipermail/wlug/attachments/20151007/becf2e65/attachmen…
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 11:41:34 -0400
> From: Tim Keller <turbofx(a)gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Wlug] Topic for next Meeting?
> To: Worcester Linux Users Group <wlug(a)mail.wlug.org>
> Message-ID:
> <
> CA+r3vQhduxi7yAa0j+vgJtcWhm7OBkQsaejf5pSh1REk-AXNWQ(a)mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> We actually haven't done a round table in a while. David, I like your idea
> for the home automation / vision processing as well. I just went looking
> and there are 10+ companies that make linux based home automation
> products. I've messed with the the opencv stuff and my co worker is using
> it read his water meter and do OCR.
>
> Keith, it would be cool to have someone (other than me) talk about managing
> large amounts of data. Drop a line to your friend and see if they'd be
> willing to do a talk.
>
> I talked a bit about hadoop as well since I've been working with that. I
> could with some prep give a talk about hadoop if people were interested.
> I've also been playing with the parallel python stuff as well.
>
> My plan is to send out a reminder that the meeting is going to be next
> Thursday. It's a bit too soon to get anything put together on either of
> these topics, but we should talk them through next Thursday and see if
> anybody has more ideas as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim.
>
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 11:13 AM, David Glaser <dglaser(a)glaserresearch.net>
> wrote:
>
> > I would like to see a presentation on using linux for home automation or
> a
> > presentation on using linux for vision processing.
> >
> >
> >
> > On 10/07/2015 10:42 AM, Keith Wright wrote:
> >
> > Tim Keller <turbofx(a)gmail.com> <turbofx(a)gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >
> > Hey Gang,
> >
> > What would people like to do for WLUG this month?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tim.
> >
> > Oh, oh, nobody answers.
> >
> > I don't want WLUG to die for lack of interest.
> >
> > If we can't get a speaker and a topic, let's
> > do a discussion circle---everyone takes a turn
> > to answer the question "For what do you use Linux?"
> >
> > I know some people use it at work to manage
> > multi-terabyte databases, and some build little
> > microprocessor gadgets, but I would be interested
> > to know the full range, and maybe learn about
> > some new applications.
> >
> > -- Keith
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wlug mailing listWlug@mail.wlug.orghttp://
> mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wlug mailing list
> > Wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
> > http://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> I am leery of the allegiances of any politician who refers to their
> constituents as "consumers".
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://mail.wlug.org/pipermail/wlug/attachments/20151007/7b1edfa4/attachmen…
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wlug mailing list
> Wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
> http://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
>
>
> End of Wlug Digest, Vol 144, Issue 2
> ************************************
>
--
This e-mail is from Jonathan D. Lettvin, and may contain information that
is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, do
not read, copy or distribute the e-mail or any attachments. Instead, please
notify the sender and delete the e-mail and any attachments. Thank you.
Jonathan D. Lettvin
Oct. 7, 2015
Re: [Wlug] Topic for next Meeting?
by Tim Keller
We actually haven't done a round table in a while. David, I like your idea
for the home automation / vision processing as well. I just went looking
and there are 10+ companies that make linux based home automation
products. I've messed with the the opencv stuff and my co worker is using
it read his water meter and do OCR.
Keith, it would be cool to have someone (other than me) talk about managing
large amounts of data. Drop a line to your friend and see if they'd be
willing to do a talk.
I talked a bit about hadoop as well since I've been working with that. I
could with some prep give a talk about hadoop if people were interested.
I've also been playing with the parallel python stuff as well.
My plan is to send out a reminder that the meeting is going to be next
Thursday. It's a bit too soon to get anything put together on either of
these topics, but we should talk them through next Thursday and see if
anybody has more ideas as well.
Thanks,
Tim.
On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 11:13 AM, David Glaser <dglaser(a)glaserresearch.net>
wrote:
> I would like to see a presentation on using linux for home automation or a
> presentation on using linux for vision processing.
>
>
>
> On 10/07/2015 10:42 AM, Keith Wright wrote:
>
> Tim Keller <turbofx(a)gmail.com> <turbofx(a)gmail.com> writes:
>
>
> Hey Gang,
>
> What would people like to do for WLUG this month?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim.
>
> Oh, oh, nobody answers.
>
> I don't want WLUG to die for lack of interest.
>
> If we can't get a speaker and a topic, let's
> do a discussion circle---everyone takes a turn
> to answer the question "For what do you use Linux?"
>
> I know some people use it at work to manage
> multi-terabyte databases, and some build little
> microprocessor gadgets, but I would be interested
> to know the full range, and maybe learn about
> some new applications.
>
> -- Keith
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wlug mailing listWlug@mail.wlug.orghttp://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wlug mailing list
> Wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
> http://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
>
>
--
I am leery of the allegiances of any politician who refers to their
constituents as "consumers".
Oct. 7, 2015
Re: [Wlug] Topic for next Meeting?
by David Glaser
I would like to see a presentation on using linux for home automation or
a presentation on using linux for vision processing.
On 10/07/2015 10:42 AM, Keith Wright wrote:
> Tim Keller <turbofx(a)gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hey Gang,
>>
>> What would people like to do for WLUG this month?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tim.
> Oh, oh, nobody answers.
>
> I don't want WLUG to die for lack of interest.
>
> If we can't get a speaker and a topic, let's
> do a discussion circle---everyone takes a turn
> to answer the question "For what do you use Linux?"
>
> I know some people use it at work to manage
> multi-terabyte databases, and some build little
> microprocessor gadgets, but I would be interested
> to know the full range, and maybe learn about
> some new applications.
>
> -- Keith
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wlug mailing list
> Wlug(a)mail.wlug.org
> http://mail.wlug.org/mailman/listinfo/wlug
Oct. 7, 2015